cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Login issue with UnityConnectionServerOdbcSdk

Sean Dunn
Level 1
Level 1

I am building a web wallboard that shows the current voice mails waiting for a call center team. The board should refresh ever 15 seconds. I have it working but it will only refresh about 8 times before I start getting login error -27001. It will be intermittent for a few minutes and then will fail every time.

Any help you be greatly appreciated,

Sean

Here is the error

Error=The login attempt failed.

System error -27001 This usually means the user name or password are wrong or th

at they correspond to a user that does not have the Remote Database Access role

assigned to them or that the user's password has expired or is set to require a

reset at next login or the account has been locked.

Make sure Connection has been properly configured to allow for remote logins.  S

ee the 'Troubleshooting Tips' section in the help file for more details on this

and other potential issues that could cause connection failures.

Here is the code

UnityConnectionServerOdbcSdk server = new UnityConnectionServerOdbcSdk("TestApplication");

var res = server.LoginDatabaseBlocking("10.xx.xx.xx", "wallboard", "xxxxxx");

if (res.Successful == false)

{

return;

}

2 Replies 2

Sean Dunn
Level 1
Level 1

Side note, when this happens I can't login via CUDLI either. Does not matter which account I use. IE the "wallboard" account starts getting -27001 and then I try logging into CUDLI with the "administrator" account and still get the -27001 error.

it's not an SDK or ODBC/ADO issue  -27001 is being returned by the server side and is refusing the connection - there's nothing on the client side that you can do to power past that.

Are you dropping the connection and reconnecting every 15 seconds?  If so this is likely your problem - that's definitely not how ODBC connections like to be treated - if you keep it open you can use it for hours so long as activity is happening on the connection every so often (I think it'll time out on inactivity of 30 minutes or so these days).

I know the server side folks put in a big pile of hacking prevention logic on HTTP/REST/SOAP/ODBC connections into the server to prevent DoS and other intrusions into the system and if I had to guess it's not liking you dropping the connection and rebuilding it 4 times a minute and is cutting you off.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: