Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE software upgrade with IPNs

dvan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I will be upgrading an ISE deployment from 1.2 to 1.4, and have some questions around the process for HA IPNs (running 1.2.1):

1. As the latest ISE software version for IPNs is 1.2.1, there is no software upgrade required for the IPNs?
2. Would you recommend installing the latest patch available for 1.2.1 on the IPNs as part of the process?
3. As 1.2.1 is compatible with 1.4, all that is required from an IPN perspective during the upgrade process is to de-register from existing deployment and register to upgraded deployment - is this correct?

Thanks,
Denis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On (1), correct. No upgrade bundle or newer install ISO for IPN in 1.4

On (2), no. The ISE patches for ISE 1.2.1 are for regular ISE nodes but not for IPN. IPN should be the latest -- 1.2.1.205.

On (3), yes. Also, get the latest 1.2.1 IPN install ISO (ise-ipep-1.2.1-205.i386.iso) ready in case needing to re-install.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On (1), correct. No upgrade bundle or newer install ISO for IPN in 1.4

On (2), no. The ISE patches for ISE 1.2.1 are for regular ISE nodes but not for IPN. IPN should be the latest -- 1.2.1.205.

On (3), yes. Also, get the latest 1.2.1 IPN install ISO (ise-ipep-1.2.1-205.i386.iso) ready in case needing to re-install.

dvan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks