Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM installation failing frequently

Hello PPl,

I am runnning esxi 6 as a baremetal installation on dell server with a VMhost with 6 core 64 gb RAM and 500 GB HDD for the APIC-EM service.

Everytime the installation fails at 12 of 33 stage and this particular service fails

Grow instance of file-serviceFailedMaximum number of service instances would be exceeded. Rejecting grow request for service=file-service, version=0.9.5.2155

apic-em-jboss-ejbca is in unresponsive state

Any inputs is appreciated.

regards,

Vivek

4 Replies 4

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the version of APIC-EM ?

ddeitsch1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vivek,

So I have been playing with this for a few days now. I think your issue is one of two things.

1. I hope it's not this but technically ESXI 6 isn't supported. If you can't figure out any other cause ESXI 6 could be it (only Cisco would know). I would suggest ESXI 5.X

2. More likely, the services have plenty of dependencies on other services... If you look at the other services on the 14141 page are there any that are not started? JBoss was service 31 out of 33 for me to correctly start. Also, if you double click the square above the Jboss service it should change the display below and provide the instance logs. If you are still having trouble can you post the instance logs?

-David

Hi,

The issue seems to be related to a certificate error while synching with NTP server, the APIC registers the system time to create a certificate and post this the upgrade gets stuck at postgres.

So we re-provisioned the VM into ESXI/Vsphere 5.5 and made a thick provisioning for the instance previously it was a thin provisioning might be causing a problem i suppose and issue is resolved.

regards,

vivek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community