cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to install UCS Platform Emulator

acenetadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Are there any clear and concise instructions on how to install the emulator from start to finish? From file download to being able to open and launch the emulator? I have the guide titled "Cisco UCS_Platform_Emulator_Release_Notes_3_0_2cPE1.pdf" but it is still a bit confusing.

4 Replies 4

hi,

I just installed it.

so its fresh in memory.

What kind of environment do you want to run it in?

but here is a simple task list:

unzip the ova from the zip file

import it in your Virtualisation software player (step may vary wildly here)

if you cant run the OVA import (that is if your not using a VMware software)

edit the 3 Ethernet adapter in the config of the VM point them to your network

power-on your VM

start a console of your VM

login in ucspe (ucspe,ucspe: as usename/password)

press N at the choose an option menu

here you will need 3 ip addresses in the same range (1 for the VIP, 1 for each FI)

set them up

the ucspe will reboot.

then login to the VIP with your usual browser using your  VIP address.

click on the launch ucs manager Big blue button!

there you go you have our UCSM emulator!

Hope this will help you out.

Stephane.

Stephane Beausoleil

virtualisation architect

CGI

From the same place you most likely downloaded the release notes, you can find the user guide - https://communities.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/57526-4-87139/Cisco_UCS_Platform_Emulator_User_Guide_Release_…

That has instructions for installing and configuring it in different environments.

Once you have it installed, it works pretty much the same as a 'real' UCSM.  Access it via its IP address via a web browser, or use PowerTool.

Greetings Stephane,

As you mentioned, we need three IP address in the same range (1 for the VIP, 1 for each FI)

Here is my questions

1.Does it will generate by itself. or we need to create them.

2.Is there any example that i refer to.

Your reply is much appreciated

Have a great day ahead

Vetrikumar,

If you download the User Guide (https://communities.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/57526-4-87139/Cisco_UCS_Platform_Emulator_User_Guide_Release_…) you will find answers to your questions. If you have DHCP configured in your environment, you can use DHCP.  Or you can assign static IP addresses.  Step by step instructions are in the user guide.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card