cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading FMC to 6.0 from 5.4.1 fails!!

tushar_bangia
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen issues with upgrading FMC to 6.0 from 5.4.1. The pre-req for this is to install (Sourcefire_3D_Defense_Center_S3_6.0.0_Pre-install-5.4.1.999-2.sh). The patch upgrade i.e. Sourcefire_3D_Defense_Center_S3_6.0.0_Pre-install-5.4.1.999-2.sh fails hence we couldn't upgrade to 6.0.

We have seen this issue in two seperate deployment and only way to upgrade is via ISO file. Please suggest if there is any caveat/bug for this issues.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Right now none of the sensor are added to the FMC, its a standalone 2000 series appliance.

Firstly we cant directly upgrade to 6.0 from 5.4.1 there is a pre-req patch i.e. Sourcefire_3D_Defense_Center_S3_6.0.0_Pre-install-5.4.1.999-2.sh and installing this patch is the issue. We are seeing if FMC is running on 5.4.1 and we try to install this patch it fails.

This patch was added to CCO on 28th Jan hence not sure if others are facing similar issues.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jamfrenc@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tushar

What version are the managed devices at?  They need to be at 5.4.0.6.  In-case you don't have the link to the Release Notes handy, they are available at Firepower System Release Notes, Version 6.0 - Cisco.

Hope this helps.

Right now none of the sensor are added to the FMC, its a standalone 2000 series appliance.

Firstly we cant directly upgrade to 6.0 from 5.4.1 there is a pre-req patch i.e. Sourcefire_3D_Defense_Center_S3_6.0.0_Pre-install-5.4.1.999-2.sh and installing this patch is the issue. We are seeing if FMC is running on 5.4.1 and we try to install this patch it fails.

This patch was added to CCO on 28th Jan hence not sure if others are facing similar issues.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card