Views
Helpful
Replies

XMPP - Node not found for user Dialogs

connor.sadler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a server-server interface with Finesse.

As part of the user login process we connect to XMPP using the Java Smack library and subscribe to events for the user's "Dialogs" node

e.g.

/finesse/api/User/John.Smith/Dialogs

This has worked fine until recently.

We are now seeing some users getting error messages saying this node is not found.

I don't have the full XMPP packets for this, but the error is something like this:

XMPPError: item-not-found - cancel

Is there any reason why this node would not be found sometimes?

I can get the XMPP packets if it would help.

Thanks in advance,

Connor

10 Replies 10

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I haven't encountered this issue before. You said that "This has worked fine until recently." Did you upgrade the Finesse version? Or were there any significant configuration changes?

I don't see why the node would not be found only sometimes. In order to debug the issue, can you do the following:

1. Node creation is done at Finesse startup, so we would need these logs. If the Desktop*.startup.log* log has already rolled over, please restart "Cisco Finesse Tomcat"
  2. Turn on openfire debugging (See the Finesse administration guide) via CLI: utils finesse notification logging enable
  3. Reproduce the problem
  4. Grab the Finesse webservices logs (both Desktop*.log* and Error*.log*)when this issue happens? Please make sure to include the Desktop*.startup.log*.
  5. Grab the Finesse openfire logs. If you used the CLI "file get activelog desktop recurs compress" earlier, you should already have this.
  6. Turn off openfire debugging via CLI: utils finesse notification logging disable
  7. Getting the XMPP packets would probably be good too

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks for the response, Denise.

I will try to find out that information and get back to you.

Hi,

Just following up to see if this issue is still an issue or is resolved.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks for following up, Denise.

I asked for the information but they have not provided it yet as they've been busy with other things.

I will chase it up and come back to you.

Regards,

Connor

Hi,

It has been a month since I followed up, so I am just checking in again to see if the issues still exists or if they have been resolved.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks for following up again Denise!

I am still trying to get the logs produced and sent to me.

The site seems to be lacking in time and person-resource to reproduce the issue with the logging switched on.

Apparently the person who knew a lot about CTI/Finesse no longer works there.

Apologies for this, I will get back to you when (and if) they provide the information.

Regards,

Connor

Hi,

Since we are unsure when the logs will be provided. I will mark this discussion as "assumed answered" for now and we can revisit it when you have the right information.

Thanx,

Denise

nmw000007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Connor

Do you have a sample of the smack code available? Im having a hard time getting it to work, when subscribing. I do get stanza packet, but as I understand from SMACK / xmpp the correct way are to use pubsub to subscribe to specific messages.

You might be better off starting a new thread.

Do you have the "pubsub" Smack classes in your classpath?

We use classes from "smack-core-4.1.1.jar" to connect to XMPP

then we user classes from "smack-extensions-4.1.1.jar" to subscribe to events

The main class for pubsub is: org.jivesoftware.smackx.pubsub.PubSubManager

Hi Connor,

yes everything are on classpath, when I use PubSubManager to create a new node I just get a timeout.