cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Android 11.5.2 Crashing

Todd Hebert
Level 5
Level 5

I have a case open, just curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue right now.  All 3 11.5.2 releases for Android have crashed my Galaxy S6 and Tab 4.  I have other Android uses working just fine on different hardware platforms.

3 Replies 3

Todd Hebert
Level 5
Level 5

Just wanted to post an update.  After uninstalling and reinstalling Jabber from Play Store I was able to login the first time only.  Once I logged out I could not log back in unless I cleared my cache in Android Application settings and logged in to the Jabber app again like it was the first time ever.  I'm not going to pretend I know why, it could be my jabber-config.xml introducing settings 11.5.2 doesn't like potentially, but again I worked fine for 11.5.1 and I have some users on other platforms that work fine.  My apple users are fine as well.

Hey Todd....I have the exact same issue on my S6 that started around the same time as your post.   Did you ever find a fix?  I have performed a factory reset my phone and did not restore ANY data and I still can't make it stop.

If I'm on the wifi at the office I can connect every time.  But if I'm on my cell connection....I can login only once...after that I have to clear the data and start over.   But once data is cleared it will log in without an issue...ONCE.

Please let me know if you found a solution.

Thanks!

Ken

Ken, I went through TAC, but no fix.  They went back to the Mobile Jabber team with my case and I guess they worked on it, because now I have 11.6.1 for android on my S6 and I'm good to go.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: