Views
Helpful
Replies

[CUPI] upload voicefile returns "UNSUPPORTED_AUDIO_FORMAT"

fabien.bonic
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I try to upload a voicefile as described there: Cisco Unity Connection Provisioning Interface (CUTI) API -- Voice Name Upload for Users - DocWiki

The PUT method always return:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><ErrorDetails><errors><code>UNSUPPORTED_AUDIO_FORMAT</code><message>unsupported audio format</message></errors></ErrorDetails>

The content-type is "audio/wav" and the file is the first wav file that I have found on my computer.

What can explain this error ?

Thanks and regards,

Fabien

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if the wav file is PCM at 8000 samples per second, 16 bits per sample and 1 channel (i.e. mono) Connection will always accept the file.  This is why several of my tools that upload greetings/voice names/broadcast messages and such use SoX library to convert the audio format accordingly before updating.

There's some wiggle room in what it'll accept but it's pretty fussy - I always stick to that setup.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if the wav file is PCM at 8000 samples per second, 16 bits per sample and 1 channel (i.e. mono) Connection will always accept the file.  This is why several of my tools that upload greetings/voice names/broadcast messages and such use SoX library to convert the audio format accordingly before updating.

There's some wiggle room in what it'll accept but it's pretty fussy - I always stick to that setup.

Thank you for the answer. When I send a file with the given configuration, it works! Thanks