cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Permalink Error In Finesse Desktop

charles_hammond
Level 1
Level 1

Using UCCX 11.0 and my knowledge of xml is very limited.

I'm using these instructions .

My Xml/gadget contains the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Module>

<ModulePrefs

title="Agent Log Report" height="300">

</ModulePrefs>

<Content type="url" href="https://172.18.21.37:8444/cuic/permalink/PermalinkViewer.htmx?viewId=9F7AD77610000153000000DB53EDEADB&linkType=htmlType&viewType=Grid"  />

</Module>

The Gadget Displays the Gadget Name, but only shows a blank space instead of the report.

I can view the URL outside of finesse just fine. The permalink is from a custom view of the Agent State Log report.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hi,

Since you get the CUIC login screen, the gadget is able to load the correct URL. I am not an expert in CUIC, but I believe that permalink should be able to be used via the browser itself? If so, are you able to log in on the browser?

To be sure that it is the link and not the gadget, please provide the client logs.

1) click the "Send Error Report" link on the lower right to send the client logs to the Finesse server.

2) Then grab the logs using the URL: https://<FQDN>:8445/finesse/logs/clientlogs.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In the instructions you referenced above, step 9 says: 9) You will need to take care of the escape characters yourself.  For example, replace the "&" with "&amp;". (I realize that the example doesn't have it escaped)

So, that will make your URL: https://172.18.21.37:8444/cuic/permalink/PermalinkViewer.htmx?viewId=9F7AD77610000153000000DB53EDEADB&amp;linkType=htmlType&amp;viewType=Grid

Can you give that a shot?

Thanx,

Denise

I replaced the two & symbols with &amp;

Now, in the Gadget I get presented with the CUIC login screen and then get the following error after logging in:

"TypeError: _hub is undefined" in Firefox.

In IE I get " TypeError: Unable to get property 'subscribe' of undefined or null reference"

I guess its the link and not the gadget. I test with the CUIC Sample gadget and get the same error.

hi,

Since you get the CUIC login screen, the gadget is able to load the correct URL. I am not an expert in CUIC, but I believe that permalink should be able to be used via the browser itself? If so, are you able to log in on the browser?

To be sure that it is the link and not the gadget, please provide the client logs.

1) click the "Send Error Report" link on the lower right to send the client logs to the Finesse server.

2) Then grab the logs using the URL: https://<FQDN>:8445/finesse/logs/clientlogs.

Thanx,

Denise

I am able to view the link in a browser just fine. The only thing I change in the URL is the & to &amp; .

However, it does appear its the link and not the gadget. If I use a permalink from one of the historical reports, the gadget works just fine.

I've attached the logs. The AgentLog.xml contains the working historical report link. The AgentLogLive.xml contains the non working link.

Good to know that the gadget works correctly with a permalink from the historical reports. I took a look at the logs and didn't see any issues on the Finesse/gadget side so the problem does indeed seem to be with the link.

To chase down the issue with CUIC, please post to the CUIC forum: Reporting

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise

Is there a way to pass finesse user credential to avoid the logon page of CUIC web server?

I modified the CUIC.xml and CUIC.js sample from this dev site, and when the user logon to finesse the Gadget for the report always ask to logon to CUIC not really cool.

When logged on CUIC the report show correctly

Thanks

Michel Marchand

Hi Michel,

I am not aware of a way to pass in the user credentials to avoid the login page. Assuming the permalink is not Live Data reports, you have the option to turn off authentication for the reports: Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Report User Guide, Release 10.0(1) - Permalinks [Cisco Unified Contact Center Expr…

Also, in the 11.5 solution, SSO was added. I haven't tried this myself, but it is possible it may help bypass the authentication?

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise

It is a Live Data report so cannot turn off authentication

and we are in the process of migrating users from CAD to Finesse before we can upgrade to 11.5.

There is a lot of not so cool stuff in Finesse 10.6 when users are use to CAD.

Anyway thanks for your answer

Michel

Hi Denise

Yes the Live Data is working OK, but need to sort by CSQ and the only available sort for Live Data Gadget is Team :-(

And on the CUIC there is no way to do group by in the live data report :-(

So I think we're stuck with the CUIC logon, and another thing  i don't like is there is no way to open CUIC and Finesse at the same time if the Permalink is open in finesse

Thanks

Michel

nanosynth
Level 1
Level 1

I just got finished working on something like this. I have UCCX 10.6/Finesse. I followed the sample gadget project that displays a 'live data' custom report in the iFrame of the gadget. I read the part about escaping the & signs in the permalink, so I did with &amp; Well, that completely failed when the gadget tried to execute it, actually told me I had a Java error of some sort. It seems that no matter what example gadget I download and try to make it work, NONE of them work straight out of the box, without fiddling with something to make it work, so I have gotten all of them to work so far with modifications. So I made my own custom live supervisors report in CUIC and saved the report and copied the permalink that was assigned to that report. Then in the instructions it says to take the view id of that custom report and put it into the view id spot on the "Permalinks for Supervisor Live Data Reports" link that is already constructed for you in the Cisco docs. So I did this and it didn't do anything! So then I just took the entire permalink that was assigned to my custom report and I put that entire permalink into the gadgets JavaScript code and it then worked perfect, and no need to 'escape' anything either. The only thing I didn't like, and others seem to not like as well, is because it is a live data report permalink, it requires you to sign into CUIC first (from within the gadget iFrame) and then that permalink will execute in the gadget iFrame. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: