cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM

matt.walls
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to install APIC-EM ISO into my VM VirtualBox, and it boots and gets to grapevine prompt.

i don't know how to login/pass and what to do to get to APIC-EM wizard.

9 Replies 9

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

VM VirtualBox may not be  supported please refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/application-policy-infrastructure-controller-enterprise-mo…

But anyway when you start the VM setup wizard should automatically start and prompt you to input info including the necessary login/password. Refer to "Cisco APIC-EM Configuration Wizard Parameters" from document above.

mystreamsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Did you find the issue ? I have the same problem.

Thank you in advance.

Thomas

You don't need login/pass to install. Can you please  take a screen shot to show where you have issue ?

matt.walls
Level 1
Level 1

three screen shots.  two during boot-up and one the login prompt I get to.

I did do a test of breaking into the grapevine account (and can get to the shell), but I don't know if possible to do anything.

booting_msgs.jpg

booting_msgs2.jpg

login_prompt.jpg

did do another test, with a real server on install, and what I have noticed is that my VM BOX install never gets me to the APIC-EM install wizard.  hoping to get this VM working for flexibility.    Any help would be appreciated.

HI Matt,

How much disk, CPU, and memory do you have allocated to the virtual machine?

Thanks,

Zach

Hi,

The setup wizard don't start if i don't have the systems requirements ?

Regards

Hi

Did you had chance to review the following checklists before beginning your single-host Cisco APIC-EM deployment.

Pre-Deployment Checklists

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

matt.walls
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting closer.  First issue was disk space requirement, as once I increased to 14GB it has gone much further, but now it is getting hung up on the NIC.  I have selected Internal Network NIC's, but was not sure exactly what to select.  see screen shot of when it runs into issue.  (I understand the requirements, but trying to run this on minimal specs, as I want to be able to test custom API's from my own machine in private environment).

screen shot when installation runs into issue.

NIC_error.jpg

14GB isn’t enough. The install is likely failing because of a lack of disk space. You’ll need to allocate at least 60-100GB for the install to succeed.

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community