Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM and ASA

rvacher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

I am actually in a project where I need to get PCAP file from a ASA. I was wondering if there is any way with APIC-EM to do that ?

Retrieve the pcap file from ASA automatically and concatenate all the file to have a larger pcap file ?

Any comments?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, no.  The REST APIs supported by APIC-EM does not allow for arbitrary CLI commands to be executed, and the diagnostic elements of the ASA are not part of the current data model.  You will need to script an SSH connection to the ASA to collect your PCAP files and store it/them where required.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, no.  The REST APIs supported by APIC-EM does not allow for arbitrary CLI commands to be executed, and the diagnostic elements of the ASA are not part of the current data model.  You will need to script an SSH connection to the ASA to collect your PCAP files and store it/them where required.

Respected Sir,

I am Soyab Badgujar. I have install Cisco APIC-EM in virtual enviroment all my device are connected to APIC-EM. The main problem is visibility of cisco ASA firewall is no detected in Cisco APIC-EM in virtual enviroment. The firewall is of virtual version.

Also the particular device mention above is also not visible in discovery list.

Firewall ASA Version 9.8(1)

Hardware:   ASAv, 1024 MB RAM, CPU Pentium II 2826 MHz