cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trigger a device update?

thjonson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is there any way to trigger a device update?  For instance, I've added a SVI interface and I would like APIC-EM to re-import the config to know about this new interface.  I'm staring at the Devices page watching the Last Update Time tick up, but would like to tell it to just go ahead and try an update.

4 Replies 4

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think APIC-EM will poll the device every 30 minutes.

30 minutes does sound about right, but I was hoping there was a way to speed that up in certain situations.  I tried re-discovering the device but that didn't seem to work.  It would be great if there was a "Update" button when you check thee box next to the device.  Maybe there is another way to do it?

I'm wrong, according to configuration guide:

Average Update Frequency - Average number of minutes between updates to the device. By default, devices are polled every 25minutes.

I think if you use /network-device API maybe you can pull the real time information. You can do a quick try from Swagger.

API just use the DB information. There will be changes in future to look at SNMP traps.  We do this for host information today.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community