cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Path Trace from DHCP interface?

thjonson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I was exploring the Path Trace feature but can't get it to work with a interface that is set for ip address dhcp.  When I select that device, then can select the interface, the DHCP interfaces have an address of 0.0.0.0 and will error out if I select it.  Interfaces with a static ip address seem to work fine.  Is this a known limitation?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ha, yes!  Glad to hear someone else is seeing this.  We ran into the same thing at CiscoLive in Europe.  APIC-EM is scraping "show run int" for operational data, and this is why DHCP interfaces do not work in Path Trace.  Engineering is aware of this, and I'm hoping the next release will have a solution for it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ha, yes!  Glad to hear someone else is seeing this.  We ran into the same thing at CiscoLive in Europe.  APIC-EM is scraping "show run int" for operational data, and this is why DHCP interfaces do not work in Path Trace.  Engineering is aware of this, and I'm hoping the next release will have a solution for it.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't user error on my part.

Got a response that this is on the roadmap for the August APIC-EM release.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community