Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect for iOS/Android/Blackberry VPN to Dedicated Sandbox lab

craikpyke
Level 1
Level 1

Hello -

I'm sure I'm just missing something, but I'm trying to connected to a dedicated (Collaboration) instance via Anyconnect on a mobile device (I've tried iPhone, Blackberry, and Android 5.1).

I am unable to connect at all from a mobile device - receiving an error along the lines of "connect attempt has failed due to server communication errors".

I was under the impression from here: Cisco DevNet: Sandbox - Collaboration that "Cisco Anyconnect Software VPN can be used to register remote soft endpoints such as Jabber for MAC, Windows, iOS and Android to test telephony, IM, Presence and Voicemail functions and features."

I'm able to connect fine via Anyconnect for Windows 7 and iOS.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

craikpyke
Level 1
Level 1

Don't know what's changed, but I can no longer reproduce the issue (even with the same BB10 / Android versions). Only difference in my setup is my Collab 11.0 Sandbox instance in via rave12 now (i.e. devnetsandboxlabs.cisco.com/rave12)

Since I can't reproduce at the moment, I'm treating this as resolved.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

jacoadam
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Craik-

This is a feature that we support, so I'd like to take a look at your issues. What lab do you have actively reserved? I will use this lab for testing this on on my end first. Also, what is your devnet username?

Thanks!

Jacob

Hi Jacob -

Thanks for getting back to me. I have a Collaboration 11.0 dedicated instance set up:

• Your Lab's private VPN connection information:
    • Lab Network Address: devnetsandboxlabs.cisco.com/rave04
    • Username: craikpyke

Perhaps I'm not setting up Anyconnect on the mobile properly...

As a related item, I noticed in the iOS Service Logs for Anyconnect, there's a CTRANSPORT_ERROR_SSL_HANDSHAKE error (3 in fact), with a return code of -29949910

Hello Craik-

I am seeing this error as well. We're debugging this and we'll get back to you once we've found the solution.

Thanks!

Jacob

Hello Craik-

What version of Any Connect are you using on those devices?

Thanks!
Jacob

On OS X (which works): 4.1.06020

On iOS 9.3 (doesn't work): 4.0.03021 (latest from the AppStore)

On stock Android 5.1 on Nexus 5 (doesn't work): 4.0.05026 (latest from Google Play)

On Blackberry 10.3.2.2474 on Z30 (doesn't work): 4.0.0.1827 (latest from AppWorld)

Cheers,

C

I'm having the same issue. I'm using AnyConnect version 4.0.0.1827

Hi Jacob -

While the team at Cisco is working through this, I'm wondering if you can help me to work around the issue. Specifically, if I was able to configure the native OS X VPN to connect to Devnet, then I could connection share it to the mobile devices. Is the IPSec VPN configuration documented (shared secret/certificate, group name)?

Thanks,

C

Hi Craik,

Do you still have an active running reservation in the Sandbox? are you still connected to "devnetsandboxlabs.cisco.com/rave04"?

Let me know if this has changed or the same and I will investigate with the devices we have available here.

Also, if you are just looking to register jabber endpoints on mobile devices, we do have a lab that uses expressway. VPN is not used in this case. The endpoints can be created and registered on the sandbox for you without VPN connection first. Let me know if this interests you and I can give a demonstration.

Regards,

Joe

Hi Joseph -

I don't have the instance running at the moment, but can fire another up (it was a completely standard Collab 11.0 instance without any modifications).

Regarding the Jabber clients - unfortunately the client I'm working with requires Blackberry 10 devices (without the use of SNAP). Given that Cisco's Jabber for Android isn't available in the Amazon Store and there's no Jabber for BB10, I need to use 3rd Party SIP clients, which is why I'm attempting to connect the mobile devices to the VPN.

Let me know if you want me to start up a Collab 11.0 instance?

Cheers,

C

Just FYI, the Jabber .apk file can be downloaded from cisco.com if you have a Cisco TAC support agreement that includes software access:

https://software.cisco.com/portal/pub/download/portal/select.html?&mdfid=283812787&softwareid=284006014

I have absolutely no idea whether this could be side-loaded on BB10, and even less if it would work

Thanks

I actually tried loading the apk via SNAP on a Z30. Didn't work (wrong Android runtime within BB10 OS).

craikpyke
Level 1
Level 1

Don't know what's changed, but I can no longer reproduce the issue (even with the same BB10 / Android versions). Only difference in my setup is my Collab 11.0 Sandbox instance in via rave12 now (i.e. devnetsandboxlabs.cisco.com/rave12)

Since I can't reproduce at the moment, I'm treating this as resolved.

Hi Chris,

That is strange. Those SSL VPN contexts should behave the same, regardless of topology.

Let me know if you encounter any more issues. I see you last reservation ended yesterday. Be sure to book more time on the system and et us know if you encounter any more issues.

Regards,

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: