cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse 11.0 with Pidgin - Pidgin XMPP unsubscribe results in agent login failure from browser

Andy Backus
Level 1
Level 1

UCCE 10.5.2; Finesse 11.0

I am just getting started with Finesse and gadgets. I was able to do the rudimentary Poster and Pidgin items described in the Finesse Developer Guide (all IPs pointing to Finesse pub).  When I tried to find a way to "logout" of Pidgin, nothing obvious presented itself, so I performed an "unsubscribe" for the finesse and presencelistener "buddies".  And with that, I am no longer able to login using the agent account to the finesse pub server using the browser client. The aberrant behavior now : the browser seems to timeout on the pub, then successfully login to the sub - this is consistent. All other agent accounts are fine, and login via browser to the pub.

All the following have failed to rectify:

- deleting/recreating the agent account in UCCE

- restarting Finesse pub

Would appreciate and help or guidance in getting the account restored.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Denise -

So I ended up opening a TAC case and the engineer did a fantastic job getting the resolution steps (lab simulated/BU engagement).

Ends up, like you reference, that I have to subscribe to these services (TAC said never unsubscribe from 'finesse' and 'presencelistener').  The finesse developer's guide mentions that you must unsubscribe from explicit subscriptions; guess I need to learn difference between explicit and implicit. Anyway ...

Solution

=========================

Using pidgin, use the broken agent XMPP account to subscribe to these 2 services ('services' use here may be incorrect).

1. Add 'finesse' buddy

- use pidgin 'add buddy' and enter following fields

- select already defined broken agent account (<agent id>@<finesse pub ip>/<resource> (XMPP))

- for buddy name, enter 'finesse@<finesse pub ip>')

- hit 'add' button and let that update

2. Add 'presencelistener' buddy

- repeat step 1 for buddy 'presencelistener@<finesse pub ip>'

3. Disable Account

- go 'offline' with agent account

- disable agent account (<agent id>@<finesse pub ip>/<resource> (XMPP))

Once these steps were completed, I was able to log right in.

Thank you for much for your help.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you restart the finesse pub and then collect the webservices logs. I would like to look at the logs during startup to see what is going on. Then attach the logs here. If possible, if you can capture the logs from the browser where you saw it timing out on the pub, that would be great.

Thanx,

Denise

Andy Backus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Denise -

I obtained the webservices log but there is so much sensitive data in there.  I spent several hours attempting to redact info but still too much.  There are quite a few items in there that do not look good - then again you never know with all the noise.

Is there something specific I could try and get out of webservices boot up log?

I will start looking at agent log.

Apologies.

Andy

Hi,

I understand. Let me take a look at my logs to find specific messages for you to look at and I will get back to you.

Thanx,

Denise

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Make sure the finesse user is connected. I'm assuming so because you said the other agents are working fine:

0000000007: 192.168.1.25: Feb 08 2016 20:14:28.756 -0800: %CCBU_pool-1-thread-9-Infrastructure-4-6-XMPP_USER_CONNECTED: %[XMPP_USER_JID=finesse@finesse25.autobot.cvp/web_framework][connection_status=A new connection has been made.][xmpp_host=localhost][xmpp_port=5222]: The XMPP user is connected and authenticated with the XMPP server

Make sure that the user is able to subscribe to its own node (on the pub)

0000000335: 192.168.1.25: Feb 08 2016 20:14:32.074 -0800: %CCBU_pool-9-thread-3-6-NODE_ID_EXISTS: %[NodeId=/finesse/api/User/1002577]: Successfully found node with given Id

0000000336: 192.168.1.25: Feb 08 2016 20:14:32.079 -0800: %CCBU_pool-9-thread-3-6-SUBSCRIBE_REQUEST_SUCCESS: %[NodeId=/finesse/api/User/1002577][user_id=1002577@finesse25.autobot.cvp]: Sucessfully subscribed to a node on the XMPP server

Also, you said you restarted the Finesse pub. Did you restart the whole box or just the Tomcat service?

In the same way you unsubscribed from these users, is there a way to subscribe back?

If you use pidgin and REST APIs, does that agent get publishes for the agent state events?

Thanx,

Denise

Hello Denise -

So I ended up opening a TAC case and the engineer did a fantastic job getting the resolution steps (lab simulated/BU engagement).

Ends up, like you reference, that I have to subscribe to these services (TAC said never unsubscribe from 'finesse' and 'presencelistener').  The finesse developer's guide mentions that you must unsubscribe from explicit subscriptions; guess I need to learn difference between explicit and implicit. Anyway ...

Solution

=========================

Using pidgin, use the broken agent XMPP account to subscribe to these 2 services ('services' use here may be incorrect).

1. Add 'finesse' buddy

- use pidgin 'add buddy' and enter following fields

- select already defined broken agent account (<agent id>@<finesse pub ip>/<resource> (XMPP))

- for buddy name, enter 'finesse@<finesse pub ip>')

- hit 'add' button and let that update

2. Add 'presencelistener' buddy

- repeat step 1 for buddy 'presencelistener@<finesse pub ip>'

3. Disable Account

- go 'offline' with agent account

- disable agent account (<agent id>@<finesse pub ip>/<resource> (XMPP))

Once these steps were completed, I was able to log right in.

Thank you for much for your help.

Hi,

Good to hear that your issue has been resolved and thank you for posting the solution so that it can be referenced in the future if others run into the same problem.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: