cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not Receiving Disconnect Events

bhoover02
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue at a customer location where I'm not getting disconnect events for certain calls. The customer describes these calls as:

"This number goes to our IVR and they get to it by doing a Conference call on their Cisco phone to a hunt group that rings this 800 number."

I get call handle creation and call connected events (looks just like a normal outbound call to me) but nothing else. Is there some other sort of event I should be looking for in order to clear that call when it ends?

Thanks,

Ben

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bhoover02
Level 1
Level 1

I discovered that when a call that is in a conference gets disconnected it gets a LINE_CALLSTATE event with a state of IDLE. Non-conferenced calls get a LINE_CALLSTATE with a state of DISCONNECTED. So if I handle IDLE state the same way I handle DISCONNECTED state, it solves my issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mkhodosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ben,

We can take a look at CiscoTSP logs and try to find out if there events that are missing.  What kind of application is this? We may need a corresponding application logs as well.

Regards,

-Mikhail-

The application does real-time emotion analysis and word and phrase detection. I have attached the relevant Cisco log.

The example in that log is a call from extension 1952 to 18003901735 that connected at 9:22:41 according to my application logs. I never get a disconnect event for that call.

Thanks,

Ben

I see some events in the logs like

LineCallConferenceStartedEvent

LineCallConferenceEndedEvent

What TAPI events do these correspond to?

bhoover02
Level 1
Level 1

I discovered that when a call that is in a conference gets disconnected it gets a LINE_CALLSTATE event with a state of IDLE. Non-conferenced calls get a LINE_CALLSTATE with a state of DISCONNECTED. So if I handle IDLE state the same way I handle DISCONNECTED state, it solves my issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: