Views
Helpful
Replies

GPS from GOS

Paulo Ventura
Level 1
Level 1

Hy Guys:

I need to access  GPS (and some others ios info) from GOS. How can I doo this?

At,

7 Replies 7

Steve Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paulo,

The GPS information is only available in IOS currently. It is not available in GOS.

Currently there is one workaround. You may use a script to send GPS information to data center so that the GOS may know it from data center accordingly. Or, you may telnet to IOS from GOS using Python, and run "show cellular 0 gps" to get the GPS information. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks, Steve !

Adn thanks for the sugestion.I will implement this way

It will be interesting to have this functionality implemented in a future review

Hi Steve,

Could you please confirm that in this moment GPS information is still only available in IOS?

Thanks in advance.

Alessandro

Hi Alessandro,

As I mentioned in the previous reply, the GPS information is available in IOS, but there is no API for GOS yet.

And currently there is one workaround. You may use a script to send GPS information to data center so that the GOS may know it from data center accordingly. Or, you may write a simple Python code which may telnet to IOS from GOS using Python, and run "show cellular 0 gps" to get the GPS information.

Thank you very much Steve.

Hi Alessando,

I`ve used a telnet session from GOS to read not only GPS but a lot of info from IOS and other connected devies.

I`m using a PaaS qith python.

Started from 15(6)3M1b, I get the acellerometer in the same way...

Hi Paulo,

Thank you very much, I had thought about a similar solution using Netmiko o Paramiko :-)

Cheers

Alessandro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: