Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM EFT2 ACL API

costin.nita
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have noticed that the EFT2 version is no longer available on DevNet, and a new GA release is out. But I can't seem to find the Policy Analysis support previously available on EFT2 in the GA +1. I was highly reliant on the ACL-related API for a research project I am working on. I have looked into the changes for GA +1 and it seems that the new Policy Analysis / Policy Manager API simply won't do the job, since they do not expose the ACLs directly.

Will there be support for managing ACLs in later releases of GA?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes, that is in planning.  Not in the next two major releases though.  We release every 3months.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There were two parts to ACL analysis.

1) Look for conflicts/shadows etc on an ACL on an interface.

2) Perform a path trace, and show the ACL that would cause an application to be blocked.

#2 is coming in the next major release in May.

Adam

Thanks. Anything about #1? That's what interests me most at the moment.

yes, that is in planning.  Not in the next two major releases though.  We release every 3months.

Thank you for the information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community