Views
Helpful
Replies

updateLocation question

Martin Sloan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to disassociate Call Manager locations via AXL updateLocation but can't seem to get it working.  I've tried sending updateLocation with:

- No 'betweenLocations' element

- Empty 'betweenLocations' element

- No 'betweenLocation' element

- Empty 'betweenLocation' element

Afterward, the location association and bandwidth settings from the locationmatrix table remain.  Is it possible to remove the location mapping via updateLocation?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

TDoan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Martin,

Please try this one

<ns:updateLocation sequence="1">

<name>Phantom</name>

<betweenLocations>    //You need to check this

<betweenLocation>     

<locationName>

<uuid>{C7E2C026-54B3-55DD-A0A2-D649501F9929}</uuid>  //uuid of Phantom

</locationName>

<weight> Your value </weight>

<audioBandwidth> Your value </audioBandwidth>

<videoBandwidth> Your value </videoBandwidth>

<immersiveBandwidth> Your value </immersiveBandwidth>

</betweenLocation>

</betweenLocations>

</ns:updateLocation>

Hope this would help you.

Regards

Thuy Doan

Thuy,

Thank you for the assistance.  I've done a little more troubleshooting and have discovered a little 'quirk' in this API.

We're preparing to move our clusters to a 'Location and Link Management Cluster' Inter-Cluster ELCAC design with SME and need to update a few hundred location relationships, mainly with Hub_None.  What I've discovered is that when using the API and passing in the empty <betweenLocations/> tag, it only produces updates based on a 'forward' lookup of the locationmatrix table.  For instance:

Given location123 and location789 in the locationmatrix table as fklocation_a = location123 and fklocation_b = location789, if I call updateLocation on location789 with an empty <betweenLocations/> tag, the relationship will persist because the API updates the relationship only from location_a to location_b ('forward') and not in 'reverse'.  So, the locations I was trying to update were most likely assigned from the Hub_None page, with Hub_None as fklocation_a and so the update were not applied. 

FWIW, here's the API call that does work when making an update in the 'forward' direction.

<ns1:updateLocation>

<name>location123</name>

<withinAudioBandwidth>0</withinAudioBandwidth>

<withinVideoBandwidth>0</withinVideoBandwidth>

<withinImmersiveKbits>0</withinImmersiveKbits>

<betweenLocations/>

</ns1:updateLocation>

I wonder if this was intentional or a glitch, since you can update the relationship from either side in the GUI?

Marty

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: