Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse call stop recording gadget for PCCE 9.1

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Team,

I have got a sample gadget to StartRecording with Finesse.  But my requirement is to stop recording for any specific call on PCCE 9.1.  However I am not getting any details about this for version 9 but is there for 10.5.  I believe Cisco should have a solution to adhere Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) for protecting consumer data and hence stopping call recording when customer is revealing sensetive information over the call.

Please let me know if this is possible with PCCE 9.1 and please point me to a possible solution with Finesse to stop / pause recording for any specific call contact.

Regards,

Piyush Aghera

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The startRecording Finesse API is for a UCCX deployment only, so the StartRecording gadget will not work for PCCE. Per Finesse's Developer Guide: "This API applies to Unified CCX deployments only. If you attempt to use this API on a Finesse deployment with Unified CCE, Finesse returns a Not Implementederror. "

I did a quick search through the PCCE API documentation and did not find an API to start and stop recording. So unfortunately, I do not believe that there is an API way to stop/pause the recording.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The startRecording Finesse API is for a UCCX deployment only, so the StartRecording gadget will not work for PCCE. Per Finesse's Developer Guide: "This API applies to Unified CCX deployments only. If you attempt to use this API on a Finesse deployment with Unified CCE, Finesse returns a Not Implementederror. "

I did a quick search through the PCCE API documentation and did not find an API to start and stop recording. So unfortunately, I do not believe that there is an API way to stop/pause the recording.

Thanx,

Denise

Thank you Denise for your insights.

I am wondering if you had come across any other possible solution with PCCE to stop call recording to comply with PCI DSS as it is one of the requirements for my client on PCCE environment.

I am thinking of different sets of agents, extensions and PQs when caller does not want to record the conversation, but that makes things very complicated.

Regards,

Piyush Aghera

Hi,

I am not as familiar with the PCCE APIs so I do not think I would be able to give you a good answer. I would suggest posting to the PCCE forum here: Packaged Contact Center Enterprise

Thanx,

Denise

thank you Denise.  Appreciate your time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: