cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot set status "Greeting Enabled with No End Date and Time" for greeting with CUPI

darksnowcat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

i have a problem with CUPI and Unity Connection 10.5.1.11901-1. I cannot change the status of any greeting (Alternate, Busy,...) to "Greeting Enabled with No End Date and Time".

API says:

<xs:element name="TimeExpires" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0">

<xs:annotation>

<xs:documentation>

The date and time when the greeting rule expires. The greeting rule is considered not expired (enabled), if the value is NULL or a future date. The greeting rule is considered expired (disabled), the value is in the past.

</xs:documentation>

</xs:annotation>

</xs:element>

But sending:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>

<Greeting><TimeExpires/><AfterGreetingAction>4</AfterGreetingAction></Greeting>

has no effect on status but changes AfterGreetingAction. Has anybody a solution or can anybody reproduce the error?

Thanks for your help in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

when working on this in the CUPI .NET SDK a while back I know I used this convention and tested it and it worked:

<Greeting><TimeExpires></TimeExpires><Enabled>1</Enabled></Greeting>

but that was a while ago (back in the 9.x days) so I can't vouch for it against modern releases...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

when working on this in the CUPI .NET SDK a while back I know I used this convention and tested it and it worked:

<Greeting><TimeExpires></TimeExpires><Enabled>1</Enabled></Greeting>

but that was a while ago (back in the 9.x days) so I can't vouch for it against modern releases...

Perfect! Thanks a lot!

Now it works. There was only the enabled tag missing. Funny that api documentation for cupi 10 does not mention that...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: