cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Xirrus wireless controllers

daabruze
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do we have any documentation or tested environments specific to using Xirrus Wireless controllers with ISE? I have a customer that has Xirrus deployed on their Campus and I'm researching information before we go on site to perform testing with them.

Existing Environment:

- ISE v2.0 Patch 2

- Controllers connected to Cisco Catalyst switches

Thank you,

Damon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Damon,

We haven't done any third party testing with Xirrus.  Based on what I could find, their wireless controllers reside in the cloud similar to Meraki.  The technical details of one of their access points indicate they have support for RADIUS CoA and web page redirection for authentication.  My gut tells me that they would integrate in a manner similar to how ISE integrates with Meraki except for the URL-redirect but you may be able to write a NAD profile to handle the way they do redirection.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Damon,

We haven't done any third party testing with Xirrus.  Based on what I could find, their wireless controllers reside in the cloud similar to Meraki.  The technical details of one of their access points indicate they have support for RADIUS CoA and web page redirection for authentication.  My gut tells me that they would integrate in a manner similar to how ISE integrates with Meraki except for the URL-redirect but you may be able to write a NAD profile to handle the way they do redirection.

Regards,

-Tim