cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finding analog endpoints and lines associated to a VG Gateway via AXL API

travisr
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a way to find the endpoints and associated lines on SCCP and MGCP gateways via the API? I have tried using the following but it does not give you a list of endpoints or lines associated with the gateway.

listGateway - gives you the list of all gateways with the UUID, type, and cucm group info but no endpoint list.

getGateway - get the gateway info by name does not list the endpoints.

getGatewayEndpointAnalogAccess - gives you the complete endpoint but you must know the endpoint name or UUID but don't' know that info yet. It does not give you the line information.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

TDoan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Travisr,

Firstly, you can use listGateway to get a list of uuid, domainName... etc...

and after that you use getGatewaySccpEndpoints to get the endpoint details.

I hope this would help you.

Regards

Thuy Doan

Thanks for your reply.

When I search for the name of the gateway using the getGatewaySccpEndpoints. I am getting an Error even tho this is a valid Gateway device name and I can get it via the getGateway using name as the domainName in the search criteria. What am I supposed to be searching by? Also is this supposed to work for MGCP Gateways as well or is there another call used to do that?

getGatewaySccpEndpoints

Item not valid: The specified SKIGWDF0F9CAF00 was not found.

Hi Travisr,

Try this one

1)  Using listGateway to get uuid, domainName

<ns:listGateway sequence="1">

<searchCriteria>

<domainName>%</domainName>

</searchCriteria>

<returnedTags><domainName/><description/><product/></returnedTags>

</ns:listGateway>

2) Using getGatewaySccpEndpoints after you get uuid from listGateway

<ns:getGatewaySccpEndpoints sequence="1">

<uuid>{B81D9ACF-24F6-E127-A0A3-B823303BF476}</uuid>  //Ex: uuid is uuid of listGateway

<returnedTags>

<endpoint>

<name/><description/><product/><model/>  //Ex: I only return description, product, model...

</endpoint>

</returnedTags>

</ns:getGatewaySccpEndpoints>

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Thuy Doan

Hello

I got an Error Message from this AXL request:

<faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode>

<faultstring>Item not valid: The specified null was not found</faultstring>

<detail>

<axlError>

<axlcode>5007</axlcode>

<axlmessage>Item not valid: The specified null was not found</axlmessage>

<request>getGatewaySccpEndpoints</request>

</axlError>

</detail>

Regards Axel

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to get those relationships 'top down' using the regular AXL requests...

Using <executeSqlQuery> it looks like you can get the relationships via the mgcpdevicemember table:

select pkid,fkmgcp,fkdevice from mgcpdevicemember where fkmgcp="77b55b37-aa08-5e8d-0fd2-b4b4a1dace35"

pkid                                fkmgcp                              fkdevice                          

==================================== ==================================== ====================================

4d328d45-237d-44c4-8f09-08bc6ec95e46 77b55b37-aa08-5e8d-0fd2-b4b4a1dace35 68a5f600-8494-a4b4-41d3-f0972236aabd

55caa1c0-8342-c87c-8455-10164a4d9125 77b55b37-aa08-5e8d-0fd2-b4b4a1dace35 397f648c-5f76-6321-f5bd-2301b873f6f5

pkid - the unique identifier for the row/relationship (usually not interesting)

fkmgcp - UUID of the gateway (i.e. from listGateway)

fkdevice - UUID of the endpoint (i.e. use with <getPhone>)

I found an oldld (but should be mostly valid) document (attached) which provides some detail on how gateways are represented in the database, including some diagrams of the various table relationships.