cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

addPhone with enableExtensionMobility creates device profile?

darksnowcat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I've got a question. When I create a phone in cucm and enable enableExtensionMobility, there is always a device profile created with the phone. The profile has a spedific name: ProfileModelFor915849eb-2695-7253-3fd8-18fcf7806934, where the uuid is the one from the device. The profile cannot be seen in device profile management of the cucm. You can only find it, when you use dependency records.

I am using cucm and axl version 10.5.2.

Is this a normal behaviour or a misconfiguration?

Thanks for your help!

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe this occurs when the phone is configured for E/M, and the 'Use Current Device Settings' option is enabled as the 'Log-Out Profile':

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Features and Services Guide, Release 8.5(1) - Cisco Extension Mobility [Cisco Unifi…

I believe this default profile is not created if the admin selects a particular pre-defined default profile instead.  I think this works similarly if the phone is created/updated with E/M via AXL: i.e. if a specific <defaultProfileName> is selected, then a new 'hidden' default profile will not be created.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: