Views
Helpful
Replies

Logging in finesse

azizshaik
Level 1
Level 1

Hello every one.

I was trying to figure out a best way to capture the client logs, there is a standard api in the finesse library that will send the logs to the finesse server. can i call this api to send the call logs for each call, if so is there a limit on the amount of logs that can be stored on the server.

i know that each log file cannot exceed 100 mb, but is there limit on the number of log files that can be stored on the server.

Also, has any one implemented a logging solution that will store the agents logs.

please advice as we need to store the client logs for various business reasons.

Thanks.

Aziz.

8 Replies 8

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The only way to capture client logs through Finesse would be through the Finesse API that you have already mentioned: https://developer.cisco.com/media/finesseDevGuide2/CFIN_RF_CB717BFE_00_clientlog-post-to-finesse.html

From the above doc, it states that the <logData> cannot exceed 1,048,576 characters.

From the administrator guide, it states:

Each log file is no larger than 1.5 MB and contains a timestamp and the agent ID of the agent who submitted the file. A new log file is created each time an agent submits client-side logs (the data is not appended to an existing log file). The maximum size of this directory is 100 MB. When the directory reaches 100 MB, the oldest files are deleted to keep the size below 100 MB.

When the API is used, the content in the <logData> gets saved as a .log file and IS NOT compressed into a zip file.

You can get these clientlogs by using the administrator cli: file get activelog desktop/logs/clientlogs recurs compress

Thanx,

Denise

Hi,

I am trying to access the client logs in order to add them to the body of my clientLog POST request 

<clientLog><logData>xxxxxxx</logData></clientLog>
I have created a logger for my gadget using the code below and I can see the logs in the browser console.

How do I access the recent client logs to then add them to the body of my post request?

clientLogs = finesse.cslogger.ClientLogger || {};  // for logging
Thanks,

James

Hi,

The ClientLogger doesn't have the ability for to get the data that was logged.

What are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to automatically send the client logs? I had successfully done this in the past by programmatically clicking the "Send Error Report" link from the agent desktop using JS.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

I have looked at the DOM in the sandbox and I can see the menu item with the id  "Send Error Report".

I have tried adding the following line using query, but it did not trigger the button:

$("#Send Error Report").click();
Would you mind giving further details on how you implemented this?

Thank you!

James

Hi,

If I remember correctly, it has to do with scope. The code you have is being executed in the gadget while the link you are trying to click is in the container. Try this:

parent.$("#Send Error Report").click();

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

I tried this, but still no joy. I think it is because the popup below, which contains the id "Send Error Report" is generated dynamically when the "identity-component" is opened, by pressing the user icon. So jquery is returning null when I try to click it, as it doesn't exist. I have tried to first click identity-component and then "Send Error Report", but still returns null.

<div id="_popover1">

Any ideas?

Thanks

James

I am currently trying this in uccx 12.0, which doesn't have the send error report button at the bottom of the page, but in the user drop down menu

Hi,

I didn't try this out with the newer 12.0/12.5 design so I do not have the code to accomplish it. It should still be do-able via JavaScript though. it is a matter of accessing the right DOM from the gadget.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: