Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse browser screen pop up gadget

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All,

I have a requirement to open an IE browser with different URL links based on some criteria like last call type.  Please let me know if it is possible to open different URL links based on call criteria.

I had seen screen pop up gadget documents, but it discuss only about static URL configured in java script.

My environment is PCCE 9.1.

Thanks & Regards,

Piyush Aghera

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

For your requirement, you say:

so there are different call types for each department before call is queued under PQ.

When you say call types, do you mean skill groups? Each department equals a skill group?

Then you say:

Now when the call is answered by an agent (who serves multiple departments), I am required to open department wiki page based on the last call type on agent's Finesse screen.

You want to open the last call type? Not the current one?

So let me make sure I'm understanding this right, here is a mock scenario:

1. Customer calls 1800HELPME

2. There is a prompt where 1 is Billing, 2 is technical help, 3 is order status, and 4 complaints

3. Customer pushes 2.

4. No matter what the customer pushes, they all go to the same queue

5. Agent A gets the call (customer pushed 2).

6. Which wiki page do you open here? technical help?

7. Agent A finishes the call.

8. Agent A gets another call where the customer pushed 4.

9. Which wiki page do you open here? complaints?

Please correct my scenario if I misunderstood.

Assuming my scenario is correct, what you would need to do is populate one of the call variables to be the skill group value. So for the call in step 6, call variable x's value would be technical help and step 9 will be complaints. This configuration would be done in the ICM script (I do not know the details as I haven't worked with the ICM script myself).

Then on the gadget code (js file) side, when the call comes in, you will get the dialog event for the call and have all the values of the call variables. If your department's url is the same and the department is just a query param, you can do http://<some url>?department=[value of call variable x]. Take a look at the render function of ScreenPop.js. If not, put a if/switch in the gadget code for the mapping of department to URL. The ScreenPop.js code does pretty much everything for you already. You just have to change the URL in the render functino.

Does that make sense?

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you give specific examples of your requirements?

Based only off of what you have said, I was thinking that you can have a big switch/if statement for each criteria and the different URL based off of the condition.

Since you are on PCCE 9.1, make sure you are using the version specific ScreenPopGadget found in the archive section.

Thanx,

Denise

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried using Finesse workflow definitions to dynamically build your URLs?   If it does what you need and the dynamic content is derivable from your call context info then it's a very simple thing to implement.  

There's examples of quite a bit of dynamic stuff in this "how-to" slide deck that may be of some use.

BRKCCT-2559 here: https://www.ciscolive.com/online/connect/search.ww#loadSearch-searchPhrase=tindall&searchType=session&tc=0&sortBy=&p=

Finesse workflows would be the ideal solution, but unfortunately it wasn't introduced until Finesse 10.0.

Thank you Denise for your inputs.

My requirement is like below:

I have various departments served from single IVR, so there are different call types for each department before call is queued under PQ.  Now when the call is answered by an agent (who serves multiple departments), I am required to open department wiki page based on the last call type on agent's Finesse screen.  Hence I have to create dynamic URL for browser pop up based on call type.

You had also mentioned about using switch/if condition.  Do I have to use it in ICM script or in the gadget coding.

If in ICM script, then how do I pass the URL to gadget coding.

If in gadget coding, then how do I pass the call type value to gadget coding to create URL.

I am very new to this development, so I would require more guidance; apologies for that.

Regards,

Piyush Aghera

Hi,

For your requirement, you say:

so there are different call types for each department before call is queued under PQ.

When you say call types, do you mean skill groups? Each department equals a skill group?

Then you say:

Now when the call is answered by an agent (who serves multiple departments), I am required to open department wiki page based on the last call type on agent's Finesse screen.

You want to open the last call type? Not the current one?

So let me make sure I'm understanding this right, here is a mock scenario:

1. Customer calls 1800HELPME

2. There is a prompt where 1 is Billing, 2 is technical help, 3 is order status, and 4 complaints

3. Customer pushes 2.

4. No matter what the customer pushes, they all go to the same queue

5. Agent A gets the call (customer pushed 2).

6. Which wiki page do you open here? technical help?

7. Agent A finishes the call.

8. Agent A gets another call where the customer pushed 4.

9. Which wiki page do you open here? complaints?

Please correct my scenario if I misunderstood.

Assuming my scenario is correct, what you would need to do is populate one of the call variables to be the skill group value. So for the call in step 6, call variable x's value would be technical help and step 9 will be complaints. This configuration would be done in the ICM script (I do not know the details as I haven't worked with the ICM script myself).

Then on the gadget code (js file) side, when the call comes in, you will get the dialog event for the call and have all the values of the call variables. If your department's url is the same and the department is just a query param, you can do http://<some url>?department=[value of call variable x]. Take a look at the render function of ScreenPop.js. If not, put a if/switch in the gadget code for the mapping of department to URL. The ScreenPop.js code does pretty much everything for you already. You just have to change the URL in the render functino.

Does that make sense?

Thanx,

Denise

Thank you Denise.  i will try this out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: