Views
Helpful
Replies

Using VFC classes prompt a audio file or menu

sreekanth47
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I'm new to vfc . In my project I need to write a custom voice element which is supposed to prompt single audio file, I didn't need any noinput or nomatch events. I wrote the below code in addXmlBody(****) method,

here vxml is VMain reference, which comes along with addXmlBody().

VForm form= VForm.getNew(pref, "start");

VAudio audio= VAudio.getNew(pref, "this should prompt", VAudio.TTS_ONLY);

VMenuField field= VMenuField.getNew(pref, FIELD_NAME, VMenuField.DTMF);

field.setPromptCount(1, audio);

form.add(field);

vxml.add(form);

field.setSubmitThis(true);

vxml.add(from);

when I run the above code using call studio debugger, I'm able to see the tts we used in the code, but it never went to any exit state. It just holds at the element. If I gave noinput/nomatch more than 10 times but  the flow still holds in the same element  , it didn't go to next element.

Can any one help me how to resolve this. Please help me how to create a custom voice element with menu options. I attached my code.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try this as an example of a simple single audio prompt.  It's for an RTSP prompt but easily adapted to another file source.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try this as an example of a simple single audio prompt.  It's for an RTSP prompt but easily adapted to another file source.

Thank you very much Paul. Can we create a custom voice element which behaves exactly like  a menu, ie having multiple options, handling NINM audios and some standard hotlinks like * for repeat etc . If you have any sample references for voice menu elements can you please share with me.

I don't have a VFC sample that builds menus but an alternative approach you might want to consider is a dynamic menu configuration.  I've included a slide deck that covers this.  The advantage is that it still allows you to build your menu using Java at run time but is a whole lot simpler and faster to get right than using VFCs directly.   You simply pick the standard menu element with the number of choices greater than or equal to the maximum number you'll need to configure at run time, give it some default settings and then point it at a Java class to override those settings dynamically at run time.