Views
Helpful
Replies

T+ standalone deployment

martucci
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I have seen design with T+ only in a distributed scenario. For a customer implementing T+ only, would it be possible to have a standalone deployment, and in cae what would the max figures supported?

Would also a PAN/MnT + PSN deployment be an option?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

TACACS+ license is per deployment. You can have a dedicated deployment or mixed deployment.

Also the TACACS+ deployment is not based on number of endpoints. It is based on number of network device supported. ISE 2.0 supports 30k network devices. ISE 2.1 supports much more. Please visit the ACS to ISE migration how to document that explains the scaling and the deployment options for TACACS+

Thanks

Krishnan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

TACACS+ license is per deployment. You can have a dedicated deployment or mixed deployment.

Also the TACACS+ deployment is not based on number of endpoints. It is based on number of network device supported. ISE 2.0 supports 30k network devices. ISE 2.1 supports much more. Please visit the ACS to ISE migration how to document that explains the scaling and the deployment options for TACACS+

Thanks

Krishnan

Thanks Krishnan for the answer.

Can I have a T+ deployment as standalone, so with all roles in a single box as per the RADIUS deployment, and if so, what is the number of NAD supported in that case on 3495 or 3595 box?

I see those numbers only for RAIDUS

Thanks

Yes. Please look at the how to doc on ACS to ISE migration for more guidance on planning and deployment scaling. Not sure what you mean with all roles as per RADIUS deployment.

There are 3 ways to deploy TACACS+ deployment outlined in the doc(dedicated, shared , dedicated PSN with shared admin). Based on the need you need and the use case you need to choose the right option. Here is the doc reference.

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-65715

I will be updating the new doc in the partner website soon that will have information on the new appliance.

Thanks

Krishnan