cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spark hangs with "Loading Conversations"

michanna
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading to the latest version (Version: 2.0.2001.0) Spark opens but hangs with the message "Loading Conversations".  I have uninstalled and cleaned out any residual directories and then reinstalled several times but to no avail. Running Windows 10 x64. I would roll back to an earlier version that did work but cannot find it on the website. A review of the support site didn't offer anything for this problem.

15 Replies 15

Kenneth Russell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

Can you confirm that you see all your rooms correctly from the same computer when visiting the web version of Spark at https://web.ciscospark.com ?

My first thought is that it might be related to WebSense filtering or similar. The network requirements for Spark are described here: Cisco Spark | Firewall and Network Requirements for th...

HTH,

Kenneth

Yes, web access works fine. I have no web filtering in front of me.  Spark worked fine until it was upgraded to the new version the other day.

I have the same problem using windows 7 x64, before the last upgrade works fine, but i upgraded and i can't see the conversations

I have a ticket open with Cisco on this. So far we have determined that a process is not being recognized as a Win32 application. I am still waiting to hear back from the development team on this. I would recommend you also open a ticket up with Cisco on this.

Hi.

Have you found any solution to this?

I am having the same isse on one of my computers.

Thanks,

I haven't heard anything back yet from TAC. I think they had no idea and punted to the developers.I would open a ticket with TAC. If they get enough cases that might get some more action.

Thanks all.

Can everyone seeing this same problem let us know what specific Windows client version they have and are seeing this problem on?

Cisco is looking in to this problem

Windows 10 x64.

Thanks,

Michael

Thanks Michael. In addition to the Windows versions, can the individuals seeing this us know the Spark client version, seen as Options > About in the Windows client?

If they are like me that is not possible. The screen is washed out and you can not click on the options button. As an update TAC sent back instructions to delete my current Spark version (2.0.2001.0) and install the latest version 2.0.2033.0 that was just released. Unfortunately the link was incorrect and takes you to the old version.

My windows version us 7 x64 SP1, about the spark version i have the same problem of michanna i can't see the version but i think is the lastest one because the problem began after upgraded

michanna
Level 1
Level 1

An update on this. TAC had me upgrade to a new release (2.0.2033.0) that I was given access to. That did not fix the problem. The crazy thing is Spark works fine if I log in as the local admin account.

dencraft
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For those who are also having this problem, could you please Submit Feedback via the app (if possible) or the web app (https://web.ciscospark.com) and report the issue? We're trying to look for commonalities between users seeing this problem, and having additional cases with additional logs will certainly help!

michanna
Level 1
Level 1

For anyone who is still experiencing this issue. A recent build fixed the problem for me. That build should be live now.

Michael