Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternate calls function

mark.rennie1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In CTIOS there was a function called alternate that could be performed on a call - this would toggle which call was active/held during a consultative transfer or conference:

i.e.

com.cisco.cti.ctios.cil.Call.Alternate(Arguments rArgs)

Is there an equivalent function in Finesse or is this not a supported feature on Finesse?  I don't see it called out as a permitted action on a Dialog object in the web services developer guide.

Thanks,
Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, there isn't an equivalent function in Finesse.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, there isn't an equivalent function in Finesse.

Thanx,

Denise

We've found that we can get the same effective behaviour as 'alternate' by simply retrieving the held call during a consult. This seems to automatically swap the held/active status of the related consult call.

E.g.

• Original Call - Held, Consult Call - Active.
  • Make a retrieve request on the held call (i.e. Original call)
  • Results in: Original Call - Active, Consult Call - Held
  • Make a retrieve request on the held call (i.e. Consult call)
  • Results in: Original Call - Held, Consult Call - Active.

Assume this is expected behaviour and not just a side-effect we are taking advantage off?  Didn't see this example explicitly called out in the developer's guide so just wanted to confirm we're not doing something that may not be stable into the future.

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,

You are right that you can just retrieve the held call, I didn't think of that when originally responding. Since the line can only be on one call, the only option for ucm is to hold the other call. This is expected behavior and it is a UCM behavior versus a Finesse behavior.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: