cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Start meeting as a specific user via XML API?

breyton.barber1
Level 1
Level 1

I want to automate the following process via the API:

Currently we have a special user that we use for meetings when critical incidents occur. This meeting has a dedicated link that people can click on and join. However, we have to wait for the host to start the meeting before we can begin the call.

I want to be able to login as the host via the API (I have the credentials) and start the meeting when an event is triggered. What is the best way to go about this? Is this even possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

Breyton,

You can achieve this same functionality without the API if you enable the option: The first attendee to join will be the presenter (MC) found under Site Admin -> Common Site Settings -> Options -> Security Options.

Otherwise you'll need to specify Alternative Hosts for this meeting that can start it without the special user being present.

The API its self cannot start a meeting on behalf of another user.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

Breyton,

You can achieve this same functionality without the API if you enable the option: The first attendee to join will be the presenter (MC) found under Site Admin -> Common Site Settings -> Options -> Security Options.

Otherwise you'll need to specify Alternative Hosts for this meeting that can start it without the special user being present.

The API its self cannot start a meeting on behalf of another user.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: