Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP versus SCCP endpoints

mark.rennie1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are currently developing Finesse integration using SCCP-based Cisco IP communicator endpoints.  Does this have any bearing on the integration with Cisco Finesse?  I would assume not as the Finesse API/notifications would be agnostic to the protocol used for the endpoints.

For example, if someone using our application were to set up SIP Cisco IP communicator endpoints instead of SCCP - then in theory our integration should continue to work seamlessly as there should be no difference in the notifications received from Finesse given the end point protocol has changed.

Has anyone had any experience of using both of these protocol types for endpoints on Finesse? 

Back when we were using CTIOS then I believe it was the case that this change led to events coming through in a slightly different order/ with different data on them that led to some issues with our integration code.  Just trying to get a feel for the risk level involved here if someone were to switch the phone setup.

Thanks,
Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mark,

Finesse is similar to CTIOS where it reads in the events in the order that CCE/CCX sends to the Finesse server. So if the events coming to Finesse is in a different order/with different data, then it is possible that the data in the Finesse notification can be different depending on SIP or SCCP. Basically, there are no guarantees that the notifications will be exactly the same between the two types. But, for Finesse, all dialog notifications follow the same format, so if your integration code just expects a dialog notification, it will get one, but maybe just different values in the tags. Does that make sense?

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mark,

Finesse is similar to CTIOS where it reads in the events in the order that CCE/CCX sends to the Finesse server. So if the events coming to Finesse is in a different order/with different data, then it is possible that the data in the Finesse notification can be different depending on SIP or SCCP. Basically, there are no guarantees that the notifications will be exactly the same between the two types. But, for Finesse, all dialog notifications follow the same format, so if your integration code just expects a dialog notification, it will get one, but maybe just different values in the tags. Does that make sense?

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thanks - that makes sense.  It sounds as though our Finesse integration will have a similar vulnerability to this protocol difference as our CTIOS integration had.  I believe this is in line with what we were expecting to be the case.

I think our best option will be to test our integration with both of these protocols if we find we need to support both.

Thanks,
Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: