cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Periodic AUP Acceptance - less than 8 hours?

danbates
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I understand that I can use the Endpoint:LastAUPAcceptanceHours authorization condition to create a rule redirecting Guest users to a portal to re-sign an AUP when the AUP period has expired.  The Cisco ISE Administrator Guide, Release 2.1, gives the usable range of this AUP period as 8 to 999 hours.  Is it possible to reduce this time in order to require Guest users to re-establish their session as often as every 30 minutes?

Documentation source: Cisco Identity Services Engine Administrator Guide, Release 2.1  - Configure Guest Access [Cisco Identity Services Engin…

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please explain your use case and what you need want to do

Enhancement open to allow as low as 1 hour.

CSCuy24899 - Decrease the minimum value for LastAUPAcceptance check

ISE 1.4 Patch8

ISE 2.0 Patch4

ISE 2.0.1 Patch1

ISE 2.1 Patch2

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Daniel,

I don't believe so but maybe jakunst knows of a trick around it.

Regards,

-Tim

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please explain your use case and what you need want to do

Enhancement open to allow as low as 1 hour.

CSCuy24899 - Decrease the minimum value for LastAUPAcceptance check

ISE 1.4 Patch8

ISE 2.0 Patch4

ISE 2.0.1 Patch1

ISE 2.1 Patch2

Hi Jason,

I have a customer who wants to limit hotspot guest access to 30 minutes per session, and when the session expires, have the guests re-authenticate through the hotspot AUP page.

Why not require AUP on every login then and set session timeout via authz profile to 30 minutes? Would that work?

Warning: I either dictated this to my device, or typed it with my thumbs. Erroneous words are a feature, not a typo.

Not sure how that would work as endpoint is still registered and authorization is based off endpoint group and not hitting a portal until removed from that page.. Don't see this working

Of course you are right for a hotspot portal Jason. But, could they use a traditional guest portal, hide the username and password fields (prepopulate via script) and then require the AUP to be accepted?

George

Yes but then you're contemplating things, if 1 hour will work I would rather not get into that