cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence XMPP client 3rd-party - Chat message feedbacks

lior look
Level 5
Level 5

I there an API in Presence to see if the chat message read for XMPP client 3rd-party?

7 Replies 7

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not aware of any support or API for this...

And what about XMPP events, Is the CUP sends event when the chat message read (or the remote chat window on focus)?

Cisco IM&P Server (or Cisco XMPP clients) do not support any 'message read receipt' features.

XEP-0184 describes an XMPP extension that implements this kind of feature:

XEP-0184: Message Delivery Receipts

Cisco IM&P server (and the Cisco XMPP clients, like Jabber) do not directly support XEP-0184, however the IM&P server will route such messages to/from clients that send them.  So, if you are coding all of the XMPP clients in your solution you can likely implement XEP-0184 via XMPP primitives and get what you need (or use 3rd party clients which already support XEP-0184).  This would be beyond the scope of Cisco Dev Support, however...

The list of supported XEPs is available in the 'DEVELOPER GUIDE FOR CISCO UNIFIED CM IM AND PRESENCE' here:

https://developer.cisco.com/site/im-and-presence/documents/xmpp/latest_version/index.gsp

Ok I see the CUP server not support XEP-0085/184.

However indicated that XEP-085 supported by server compatible.

What is that mean?

This means that the server does not implement any support for the feature, but will not prevent messages that implement the XEP from being passed to/from clients.  So, if a client implements a particular XEP that sends a notification of some kind (based on XMPP primitives - like <iq> - that have been extended to implement the XEP) to another user (i.e. a read receipt) the IM&P server would pass it through from the originating client to the recipient, but it would not do anything else special (i.e. if a XEP required the server to store/forward/modify some data, for instance.)

you are the best

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: