cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catching all VXML Events in Studio 10.5 and 11

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

In Studio 10.5 or 11.0, is there (yet) a VoiceXML event I can specify that will catch ALL possible VoiceXML events that can occur?

I can catch all java exceptions by specifying: java.lang.Exception

And if I wrote my own VXML without Studio, I could catch the VoiceXML Event named error to catch everything.

But if I'm using Studio, is there a global catch-all for VoiceXML events?

Or am I stuck having to list every single event separately?

Thanks, Janine

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Janine,

If you haven't found it already, here is the excerpt from Element specifications guide:

You can enter *.* to handle all the events and exceptions. * is allowed only at the end of the event name followed by "."(dot).

I'm about to test it myself, as I need it as well. I'll let you know the result, if you test it before me, let me know if it works.

Cheers

V

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi Janine,

If you haven't found it already, here is the excerpt from Element specifications guide:

You can enter *.* to handle all the events and exceptions. * is allowed only at the end of the event name followed by "."(dot).

I'm about to test it myself, as I need it as well. I'll let you know the result, if you test it before me, let me know if it works.

Cheers

V

Vlad - that's the best news I've seen in a long time

I wonder how long that's been in place and I just didn't know it!

Hey Janine,

And just to confirm that it works! For both events and exceptions.

Cheers

V

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: