Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue found. Where to submit it

bavo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I found some thing that looks like an issue with the APIC-EM software pack.

Where can i summit this issue?

3 Replies 3

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Bavo,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. Can you describe the issue?

Zach

Hi Seils,

I`m gonna try to explane.

Sins a short while we are using APIC-EM. Now we are using the “Path Trace” feature in APIC-EM. we found what seems to be an error.

When i use the "path trace" feature. I enter the source and destination host. When i hit "start trace"

The result is unfortunately not correct somehow.  The result is al follow:

Host------Switch01----Router01----Switch02----Router01---Switch02----Router01-----Switch02----?

The error message is "unable to find path, showing partial path. Loop detected at device Router01"

Router01 is part of a Layer 2 EVPN. More locations can be seen with CDP commando.

But if i login on Router01 and i do a "sh ip route [destination ip]" is shows me the preferred path and egress interface.

The ergress interface is correct, but the next hop router is wrong.

This is how i should be i think:

Host-----Switch01----Router01----Router02----Router03----Switch03----Host

If i use other source and destination addresses the same problem keeps occurring.

Is there a way to debug the trace?

If you need more information pleas let me know.

I hop you can help me with this. Thanks in advanced

Greetings

Bavo

Can you run ‘rca’ from the APIC-EM Linux shell and upload the file that’s created? Please email me directly @ seils@cisco.com <mailto:seils@cisco.com> for the upload location.

Thanks,

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community