cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11 - 8851/8865 phones - Integration with cameras and door controls

Nathan Farrar
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think this is possible but I've been asked to research possibilities of controlling door locks and viewing video from door stations.

I've seen the integration of the 2N Hellos video door station. Really neat solution and would be great if I could use it... but here is the scenario I'm working with:

There is a Siedle access control system. Door locks controlled via that system and some cameras run through their system. These cameras get output into IP encoders that allow for H.264 video as well as MJPEG. The door stations are analog and an ATA will be used to connect them as extensions on the CUCM system. So we have that much at least.

The issue of having a window pop up when a call is received from one of these door stations AND the creation of a button that will interact with a relay to open a door seems a bit of a long shot with the BE6K that is installed.

What capabilities are there for displaying streaming video from an IP camera to a 8851 or 8865 phone?

How would it be possible to create a button that can open a door lock?

I understand that with the door lock we would need some kind of device that can receive a URL call that will then in turn close a relay for us. I wouldn't expect the system to open it directly.

Any experience with doing anything like this?

1 Reply 1

sktlwaltt1
Level 1
Level 1

As for the relay you could use InfomaCast with a Barix Barionet 50 to trigger the relay at the door.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: