Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber SDK Voice & Video - Declining a Call

Hi,

I'm looking at the sample code and it seems that there's no way to decline a call. 

iDivert button is there but disabled.  My understanding is that it will only be enable if divert to voicemail is configured. 

Are my understanding correct?

Is there a workaround to provide a way to decline a call?

Thanks,

Russel

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no specific call-control command for declining a call (as you mention iDivert is as close as it gets if configured.)  As your code is in control of the UI, you can certainly create a 'Decline' button and give the appearance of 'declining a call' by disconnecting the ringer audio device and otherwise ignoring the call progress events and making the UI reflect an idle state until it stops ringing/alerting (and/or a new call arrives.)

Thanks for the suggestion!  Is there an API that actually disconnects the ringer device? 

I'm thinking of just having the volume set to 0.  However, this is only supported for Windows machine.

My thought was to setRingerDevice to null, however I'm not sure if that will be accepted.  If not, then you may only be able to modify the ringer volume or tone (and only on Windows).