Views
Helpful
Replies

How long is a taskId valid for?

Nathan Sowatskey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

The asynchronous task concept is core to the REST API and how APIC-EM functions.

The basic pattern is to take the taskId from a request response, and then use the task API to check task status.

I am presuming that the system does not keep tasks around forever though, as that would bloat the database.

If my assumption is correct, how long does a taskId remain valid for please?

If my assumption is incorrect, then please let me know that also.

Many thanks

Nathan

4 Replies 4

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With the current implementation, the task id's are kept for forever and we don't purge it.

Thanks Yawming. Is there a feature request to change this behaviour, or create an API to purge requests?

Regards

Nathan

Most likely need to add an expiry timer to purge in the future releases. I don't see any API to delete task.

Thanks,

Yawming

Thanks. I would expect to see a set of APIs for task lifecycle management, such as being able to delete a given task, or tasks over a certain age.

I’d also expect tasks to have a default lifespan, and to be archived to off-line log files after deletion for audit purposes.

Regards

Nathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community