cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Announcements not playing to external callers (internal working fine)

Sue Fallon
Level 1
Level 1

I have a hunt pilot that is set to

"Queue Calls"

"network hold MOH source & announcements" - pointing to a MOH Audio Source File (a .wav file that has been uploaded to the publisher and subscribers).

When we dial the HG internally, we get the announcement message the way we expect but when we dial the HG externally, it rings then goes to the HG voicemail box.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I have missed here?

Thank you so much in advance.

S

11 Replies 11

Levi Halford
Level 1
Level 1

I would start with where the call comes into CUCM.  Gateway Endpoint or SIP trunk should have a CSS for “Inbound Calls” that has access the partition that the Hunt Pilot sits in.  Also something weird I have seen before... try checking the box “Provide Outside Dial Tone” on the Hunt pilot.  I have seen similar issues where that actually fixed it.  Hope this helps.

Levi Halford
Level 1
Level 1

My apologies. I should have also included… Please ensure that the “Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App” has been enabled for all nodes in the “CCM Serviceability”--> “Feature Services”.

Thank you Levi.

I have ticked the box "Provide Outside Dial Tone” on the Hunt pilot when we set the HP up but that does not seem to make any difference.

I have 1 publisher and 3 subscribers. I have “Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App” enabled on my publisher and subscribers but not on the subscriber which is on the same site as the publisher.

eg.

Site 1 - Publisher   (enabled)

Site 1 - Subscriber (disabled)

Site 2 - Subscriber (enabled)

Site 3 - Subscriber (enabled)

Regards

Sue

Do you only have the one gateway? Which node is the gateway registered to? Does it happened to be registered to the sub which the “Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App” has not been enabled? Also, as for the CSS on the gateway “inbound calls”… Remember the name of the CSS is merely cosmetic. You have to ensure that the CSS “Internal” has access to the Partition that the Hunt Pilot sits in.

I have 3 gateway's  - one for each site.

All our Vgway are registered to SUB's only. None of the end points are registered to the PUB.

“Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App”

Site 1

PUB - Service running

SUB - Service NOT running

Site 2

SUB - Service running

Site 3

SUB - Service running

A bit unsure of how to check that the CSS has access to the partition.

The Hunt Pilot has a route partition called - "PT_Internal"

Ok. So if all endpoints are registered to the SUB at site 1, please enable the service on that Sub because it is the Sub that answers the external incoming call from that gateway. If issue persists, I would suggest opening a ticket with CISCO TAC.

I have started the service on all SUB's and PUB's but still no joy.

Ok… so can you please explain the call path for me? Gateway>Xlation Patt> HP--> HL > LG> so on down to the phones in the Line group. Please include PT of the lines that are in LG. Can you also attach screen shot of Hunt Pilot config?

Morning Levi and thank you for your reply.

I have now managed to get the external announcements working.

It is still playing up with periodic announcements but I think that this is a restriction in the functionality in call manager, after all, it is not really designed to be a switchboard.  We are still playing around with it but I think our support desk will have to look at something like call centre express.

Thanks again for all your support.

Sue

Let me know if it is still not working for you.  I can help out.

I have also checked the gateway configuration and the "Call Routing Info - Inbound Calls" only has and INTERNAL CSS.

Should this be changed to an external CSS?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: