Views
Helpful
Replies

Control Shades through Cisco 7975 phone

thamdan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We discovered that the protocol for controlling the shades is Telnet. But how can we open a telnet session through XML since XML is only language we can use for cisco phones?

A powershell script worked to access the blinds and control them but we were not able to convert it to XML, is there a specific way to do it?

Thank you,

Tala Hamdan

2 Replies 2

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I have moved your post under IP Phone Services Community.  Iam not sure Cisco 7975 phone  with SCCP supports telnet access.

To telnet into the ip address of the phone the communication protocol must be SIP.

The following Sip phones 7905, 7912, 7960, 7940, 3951 and 3911 supports Telnet  access.  This value would be used in XML file with the below format: "<telnetAccess>%d</telnetAccess>\n"

Reference - https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12210701/fast-track-support-sip-phones

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For this type of solution, I think you would be looking at building a 'middleware' service, i.e. a web server somewhere that can serve the XML objects to the phones for the UI (the phones function essentially as XML web browsers), and then perform the needed backend telnet manipulations, e.g. via powershell scripts, or some other language/API that's appropriate to the web server platform you choose.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: