Helpful
Replies

UCSM capability catalog version issue .

Arvin.hsu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

UCS Manager in UCSPE 2.2(3c) shows fault , "DIMM on server has an invalid FRU "

I know how to fix the problem . needs to upgrade the version of the capability catalog  .

what version of capability catalog i can upgrade with UCS Manager in UCSPE 2.2(3c) ?

The version of capability catalog  needs to be the same versio with UCSPE 2.2(3c) ?

2 Replies 2

hi!

We have this issues from time to time when we get new servers.

Usually you can take a higher version without any issues as this is only a part/capability catalog.

We are currently using 3.1.1e with the version 3.1.1h.t catalog. and its running great

So you can probably and safely run version 2.2(8a)A as its in the same greater release.

Also you really should plan your upgrade to version 3.1X as your missing all the great stuff!!! (HTML5! no more java) and since your running 2.2(3c) you don't need to upgrade your blade as they are supported with 3.1 as they are. this would greatly enhance you manageability.

I hope this helps you out.

Steph.

Stephane Beausoleil

virtualisation architect

CGI

jasonsha
Level 5
Level 5

Hi WenLung,

I agree with Stephane on all points!

It is safe (and recommended) to install the latest UCS Manager Capabilities Catalog for your Software family

-  At this time version 2.2(8b) is the latest for the 2.2 family. 

This will help with identification of new PIDs (such as DIMMs, Hard drives, etc..), and it also contains dependency information.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card