Views
Helpful
Replies

Built-In Audio, Participant Reminders, iOS Audio

tom.lancaster1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been evaluating the webex meeting XML API for incorporation into my platform, and I have several questions as a result. I would be most grateful if somebody with knowledge and experience could help me.

1. What XML do I need to include in my call to CreateMeeting in order to enable built-in (as opposed to dial-in) audio for meetings? On each meeting so far I have needed to enable "integrated voice conferening" from the application menu in order for us to be able to talk to each other.
  2. Is it possible to send email reminders to participants? I have a "<remind>
      <enableReminder>true</enableReminder>
      <sendEmail>true</sendEmail>
      <emails>
      <email>******@gmail.com</email>
      <email>*****@*****.com</email>
      </emails>
      <minutesAhead>5</minutesAhead>
    </remind> stanza but so far only the host has received a reminder.
  3. I have so far been unable to use audio on the iOS app. Each time I try it gives an error. Is there some trick I'm missing?
  4. Is there a web-based meeting tool, or is the application the only way to communicate (I am interested in embedding webex in my web app)
  5. what's the advantage of using createMeetingAttendee over simply including <attendee><person> elements in the <participants> stanza?

Thanks in advance for answers to any or all of these questions!

Tom

2 Replies 2

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

Tom,

1. What do you mean by built in audio? You can setup your meeting with the following elements

Which will enable the Meeting to call the users, valid options are: NONE, CALLIN, CALLBACK, and OTHER.

<telephony>

<telephonySupport>CALLBACK</telephonySupport>

</telephony>

or are you wanting VoIP? That can be enabled with:

<enableOptions>

<voip>true</voip>

</enableOptions>

2. That looks correct, but is the user added as an attendee into the meeting, they have to be in the attendee list for the reminders to work.

<participants>

<attendees>

<attendee>

<person>

<address>

<addressType>PERSONAL</addressType>

</address>

<phones/>

<email>some.attendee@yourbusiness.com</email>

<type>VISITOR</type>

</person>

<contactID>4746208797</contactID>

<joinStatus>INVITE</joinStatus>

<meetingKey>710150870</meetingKey>

<language>ENGLISH</language>

<role>ATTENDEE</role>

<languageID>1</languageID>

</attendee>

</attendees>

</participants>

3. There should be no trick for iOS client, whats the error your receiving?

4. There is a Native HTML5 client in the works but it is still considered 'BETA' and I dont know if its capable of being embedded into a 3rd party site.. You'll want to discuss this with your Customer Service rep, the API Support team cannot assist with this.

5. CreateMeetingAttendee allows you to add attendees to a meeting after its already been scheduled, without reconfiguring the entire meeting with a GetMeeting and SetMeeting to include the new Attendees.

Best Regards,

Ryan Hunt

WebEx API Support

Ryan,

many thanks for a super-helpful reply. I was indeed looking for the voip option. As for reminders, I did have the required email addresses in the <attendees> section, although I didn't have some of the other boiler plate. I've followed your example for another test and will see what happens.

Thanks also for the clarification on CreateMeetingAttendee, and the news about the HTML5 client.

I will report on the text of the iOS error next time, although I hope it will be resolved by using the <voip> option in CreateMeeting.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: