Views
Helpful
Replies

Social Miner in Iframe

chapelain36
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all.

Is it possible to use Social Miner 10.6(1)-860  in iframe regardless from Cisco Finesse?

Thank you.
With regards, Yuriy.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Yuriy,

Sorry about the confusion.

Yes, partners can totally use SocialMiner Chat APIs (RESTful APIs) to create your own customer-side chat app, or web page which can be embedded in public websites (as a pop-up) etc.

You can refer to Cisco SocialMiner Developer Guide, Release10.6(1) (Chapter and build your own customer-side chat interface.

To enable partners to understand and try SocialMiner chat APIs better, we have example code in Cisco DevNet also. See https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/socialminer-sample-code 

Hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Nagendra U M

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

namahesh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yuriy,

First of all, sorry about the delay in response.

In order to understand your question better, can you please help me with the following:

• What specific features/gadgets of SocialMiner are you mentioning here?
  • When you say 'iFrame', is that part of some other openSocial container, or a stand-alone iFrame in a webpage?
  • Any other details about what you are trying to do overall?

Thanks,

Nagendra U M

Hi.

Thank you very much for your answer.
We are trying to build-in chat to custom application, and we need the chat to support multisessions.

Version 10.6

With regards, Yuriy.

Hi Yuriy,

The multisession chat and email reply gadget that you use inside the Finesse desktop is built specifically to function inside Finesse desktop, in co-ordination with the non-voice control gadget (where you set Ready/No-Ready state for chat and email, and accept chats etc.).

Unfortunately, you will not be able to extract/embed this gadget and use it outside of Finesse desktop.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Nagendra U M

Hi, again.

I am not talking about finesse gadgets, I mean Social Miner customer chat webpage.
Something like thisconversation.jpg

Can we build in that or similar pop-up webpage into third party application?
Or maybe I have wrong understanding.

Thank you.
With regards, Yuriy

Hi Yuriy,

Sorry about the confusion.

Yes, partners can totally use SocialMiner Chat APIs (RESTful APIs) to create your own customer-side chat app, or web page which can be embedded in public websites (as a pop-up) etc.

You can refer to Cisco SocialMiner Developer Guide, Release10.6(1) (Chapter and build your own customer-side chat interface.

To enable partners to understand and try SocialMiner chat APIs better, we have example code in Cisco DevNet also. See https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/socialminer-sample-code 

Hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Nagendra U M