cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to password protect call handlers in Unity Connection?

Bwilson13
Level 1
Level 1

Hello UC community,

I wanted to know if it's possible to secure call handlers in Unity Connection?  I currently have a call handler that's configured to do a vmail blast to all subscribers using a DL after a message is left.  Right now if someone were to discover the DN for this call handler they could leave a message for everyone in the organization. 

Thanks,

Bruce

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

No, there is no such feature, a CH purpose is to play a recording / take a message, if you want to leave a message for your entire organization do not use a CH, use the broadcast message feature instead, and only enable that feature to the administrator.

see:

System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 10.x - Setting Up Broadcast Messaging in Cisco Unity Conn…

HTH

Regards,

Christian Nuche

TAC CSE

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

No, there is no such feature, a CH purpose is to play a recording / take a message, if you want to leave a message for your entire organization do not use a CH, use the broadcast message feature instead, and only enable that feature to the administrator.

see:

System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 10.x - Setting Up Broadcast Messaging in Cisco Unity Conn…

HTH

Regards,

Christian Nuche

TAC CSE

Christian - thanks providing insight!  I'll review the broadcast message feature in Connection 9.1(version we're running).

Best,

Bruce

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: