Level 4

apic_em_install_error.png

any help would be appreciated.....

3 Replies 3

ndunaboi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joseph,

This is too late to respond i guess. But are you still hitting this issue. this can because of the multiple reasons as mentioned below.

1. installation with corrupted iso. Please check md5 checksum after you download the iso.

2. If the disk is unmounted during the installation process (especially while uploading all the bundles to machine from ISO attached)

Thanks.

hunhamil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joseph,

This may also be too late but just wanted to post my experience with this issue after googling around a bit. Maybe it will help others.

I came across this exact issue when trying to mount the APIC-EM ISO from the KVM console by mapping it to my computer. There seemed to be an issue with the transport or booting from such a large file multiple hops away from the UCS server I was installing this on (bare metal install). So, I ended up moving the ISO to a server already in the environment I was trying to install APIC-EM in, and mapped it from there. Worked very well and much, much faster. Hope it helps someone!

That is exactly the issue we run into.  Best practice is to have the install media as close to it's target as possible.

Note: Preseed takes a while.  Patience is a good thing.

Nick