cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove Leading 9 from calls going to Cell from CUCM via SNR or forwarding.

MICHAEL CICCONE
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I want to add a 9 to all inbound calls to Call Manager so the user can just hit redial to return the call.  I’ve created the following in the router and it works as design:

Sample is for the Atlanta calling area:

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /^404/ /9404/

rule 2 /^678/ /9678/

rule 3 /^770/ /9770/

rule 4 /^470/ /9470/

rule 5 /^\(.*\)/ /91\1/

!

voice translation-profile PREFIX-9-INBOUND

translate calling 2

Add to voice dial-peers pointing to Call Manager:

translation-profile outgoing PREFIX-9-INBOUND

However, when someone is setup for SNL or has their phone forwarded to their cell, it also added the 9 to their cell phone.

What do I need to do so it leaves the 9 for the Cisco Phones, but removes the 9 for the cell phones?  I tried creating another Translation rule that removed the 9 and appli

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Although I cannot test this right now, I believe that if you apply a calling party transformation mask the the gateway that is placing the call and set the pattern match to 9.!, you should be able to drop the 9.  Please not that you will use the calling party transformation and not translation.  A transformation mask is applied to a the original calling party, which in your case is either 9+ 10 digits from the local area or 91+ 10 digits for all other area codes.  The calling party transformation will compare and match the leading 9 and drop it. 

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Cisco Systems

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Although I cannot test this right now, I believe that if you apply a calling party transformation mask the the gateway that is placing the call and set the pattern match to 9.!, you should be able to drop the 9.  Please not that you will use the calling party transformation and not translation.  A transformation mask is applied to a the original calling party, which in your case is either 9+ 10 digits from the local area or 91+ 10 digits for all other area codes.  The calling party transformation will compare and match the leading 9 and drop it. 

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: