cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aastra Mxone (formerly Ericsson) is it possible to use Cisco SIP handsets?

dave
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

Appreciate your advice, we have a Aastra Mxone voice system installed in our company. We are trying to reduce the handset cost, and was wondering if Cisco SIP phones would work on the system rather than our expensive Aastra SIP phones? If so what would be required to get them to communicate with the Mxone.

Handsets we were thinking of are :-

Cisco SIP Phone 3900 Series

Kind regards

Daf

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Cisco does not perform tests with any 3rd party systems, unless documentation explicitly states the opposite.

There are some Cisco IP Phones that can be used with 3rd party call control systems, (3PCC), using a 3PCC firmware, which is a SIP RFC based FW, like the 78XX (cp-78xx-sip.10-3-1-11-3PCC.zip), but I do not see this 3PCC FW for any 3900 series phone, so I think it is save to say, that the 39XX phones will not work on that system.

HTH,

Regards,

Christian Nuche

TAC CSE

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Cisco does not perform tests with any 3rd party systems, unless documentation explicitly states the opposite.

There are some Cisco IP Phones that can be used with 3rd party call control systems, (3PCC), using a 3PCC firmware, which is a SIP RFC based FW, like the 78XX (cp-78xx-sip.10-3-1-11-3PCC.zip), but I do not see this 3PCC FW for any 3900 series phone, so I think it is save to say, that the 39XX phones will not work on that system.

HTH,

Regards,

Christian Nuche

TAC CSE

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: