cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM support for Nexus 9K NX-OS mode

jongwiesner
Level 1
Level 1

I have some 9372PX and 93180YC switches that are running in NX-OS mode.  APIC-EM 1.2.0.1594 does not seem to be able to discover these devices.  Has anyone run into this or have a workaround?  I am trying to get mapping and path trace to work on these devices.  They are in inventory as managed, but in topology, they show up as unsupported.

Help appreciated.

Jon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies 5

johnny.achladi
Level 1
Level 1

APIC-EM does not support Nexus 9K yet. Please check below link  for supported platforms:

Supported Platforms for the Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller Enterprise Module, Release 1.2.0.x - Cis…

+1 for supporting Nexus 3XXX / 9200 / 9300 platforms running NX-OS in APIC-EM.

Use Cases:

• The Nexus 9200 / 9300 switches make for lovely Enterprise site and campus level aggregation / core switches. (Using Catalyst 38xx/45xx switches at the user edge.)
  • The Nexus 3000 platform is a great management / inexpensive TOR switch in server rooms.

Both use cases are far outside the datacenter and therefore should be inside the scope of APIC-EM.

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can also use the "make a wish" button in the bottom right to request support of other devices

elbert001
Level 1
Level 1

i also need support for ASR900 series

Claudia de Luna
Spotlight
Spotlight

This is also of interest to me as we are trying to automate provisioning of a ton of Nexus 3000s.  We are really focusing on the APIC-EM for our automated provisioning and I'd hate to have to bring up DCNM (or Ignite or some of the other options for POAP).  Adam Radford had alluded to the possibility of using the bootstrapping mechanism in the APIC EM.  I've not used that before.  Can anyone point me to more information on bootstrapping in APIC-EM and has anyone attempted this methodology with a Nexus (POAP) device?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community