Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS license migration from VM to appliance

mick5kull
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi experts,

My customer wants to replace their ACS VM to ACS appliance.

Is it possible to migrate the licenses installed in VM to the new appliance?

I found the topic about "appliance to VM"

Is it same for "VM to appliance"?

ACS Licensing

"What does my customer need to do to migrate from two ACS5.3 1121 appliances to VM edition?"

"ACS can be migrated free of charge from an appliance into VM, however it requires purchasing a service/ support contract for the VM. Licensing can be migrated via backup/restore."

4 Replies 4

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you referring to ACS 1121 appliance, If so it is EOL. Please check the EoL & EoS .

If not, please check the ordering guides Cisco Secure Access Control System - Bulletins - Cisco

Please mention the ACS software version and appliance you are referring. The ordering guide should address some of these.

Thanks

Krishnan

Hi Krishnan,

Thanks for your advice.

The software version is ACS5.6 and the hardware is 3415 and 3495.

Customer has VMs running with ACS5.6 and wants to migrate them to hardware appliances.

So they already have the following licenses:

CSACS-5.6-VM-K9

CSACS-5-LRG-LIC

I read the ordeting guide but it's still unclear to me.

Do they need to buy "CSACS-3415-K9" and "CSACS-3495-K9"?

Or they can install "CSACS-5.6-VM-K9" on 3415/3495?

Hi Ryoko,

Apologize for not answering back earlier. I have reached out to the PM. Will update you once I hear from him.

Thanks

Krishnan

Hi Ryoko,

Are you all set? Just want to check if you got your answers via ACS licensing resources online or with Cisco licensing team for migrating licenses.

34xx is EOS as you might know.

Thanks

Krishnan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: